Monday, October 22, 2007

Moving Day again?

This is not the house, it is the house that my great grandma June McBride lived in, in the town of Thatcher. Misty and I used to spend some of out summer break there. It looks a little different now, and I think it is actually empty.
We finally found a home that we'd like to buy, as we have been renting from a horrible management company. Smith real estate..... If you see the name, stay away from it. Our rental had a shower that leaked to the basement, so two people could shower at once. Mold in the ceiling because of the leak, a hole in the floor of the garage, that we are lucky to have not broken any legs in, Too many wasp nests to count, Junipers from hell, that have overgrown the whole yard, No AC, but it wasn't too bad, spiders and cockroaches in the gazzzillions, and needless to say, that we had been asking for these things to be taken care of for the 6 months we lived there. Now, our friends from cali, one of Ron's old instructors from the Border Patrol academy, is now living there. They just transfered here from California. We were glad to find this new house and own again.
While on my last trip to Mesa, which was the middle of August, we went out to eat with my uncle Doug who was visiting from Oregon, and my Aunt Kathy who was visiting from Texas. Doug has a new girlfriend, an then Misty has a new boyfriend, after 2 marriages. I hope they both have found some happiness to last them. It is hard on their kids, Im sure.

First day of School for this year, Just before we moved Ronnie and Shelby started school at Jose Barrios Elementary. We actually live in a different zone, but I don't want to change schools as this is a good one. I will drive them every morning, or Ron will and pick them up. It is only about 2 miles or less. The teachers are great there and the curriculum is a good one. I teach there a lot too. I taught Ronnie's class for over a week, while his teacher was out, and I sub a lot too, So I am there with them. Lacy goes to a friends house some times when I am teaching. Can't wait till next year, when they are all in school. Yipee...
This is the dining and back side of the kitchen. We would like to open it all up and move the island to the wall and put a new island in.
This is the family room. It has accoustic tiles on the ceiling that we will be taking down and replacing with drywall. Also, I want to take the wall boards down 3/4 of the way and make it like oh whats it called, um a chair rail, and leave the wood on the bottom part. We will paint and do some fun things for updating.
This is the little room off the kitchen that is on the back side of the master. The master doesn't have a door on this side, so it is a little open, too open.
This is on one side of the back yard. It is all fenced and the kids can play safely as well as the dogs have a place to be.
This is looking out the front side, down the mountain, and down our long ole driveway. We have about 2 acres, and it is great. We have big plans and I hope it involes my plan of animals. We just added a new dog, his name is Buster. He is a full pit bull, and is going to be really a big dog. I hope Ron doesn't think he will pass as a horse for me. I want a real horse.

We have beautiful views and no close neighbors. It is a little windy up here on the hill however and it even feels a bit colder than right in the city where we were renting. We are definately excited about the fun projects ahead of us with this house.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Hey your housse looks great. I know you'll do a great job getting it all the way you like it. Congratulaitons!